Arsenal lead Premier League race for Sporting star Viktor Gyokeres after Chelsea fail with January bid | W2LV0SY | 2024-03-21 16:08:02 - GRIF MAG

ShowBiz & Sports News

Hot

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Arsenal lead Premier League race for Sporting star Viktor Gyokeres after Chelsea fail with January bid | W2LV0SY | 2024-03-21 16:08:02

New Photo - Arsenal lead Premier League race for Sporting star Viktor Gyokeres after Chelsea fail with January bid | W2LV0SY | 2024-03-21 16:08:02
Arsenal lead Premier League race for Sporting star Viktor Gyokeres after Chelsea fail with January bid | W2LV0SY | 2024-03-21 16:08:02

Sporting sensation Viktor Gyokeres is firmly on Arsenal's radar (Image: Getty)

Arsenal are within the operating for Viktor Gyokeres and have jumped forward of their Premier League rivals in the race to signal the free-scoring Sporting forward.

Sporting signed Gyokeres for a payment of simply €20million (£17m) from Coventry City last summer time and the 25-year-old has been a rip-roaring success in Portugal, main the scoring charts with 22 objectives in 24 league video games.

Gyokeres also sits second on the record of the highest help makers in Primeira Liga, with only Benfica's Rafa Silva (11) above the Sweden international (10) on the time of writing.

Based on Portuguese outlet A Bola, Gyokeres' sensational numbers have put him firmly on the radar of Europe's heavyweight teams, with Premier League leaders Arsenal on the front of the English pack for the Swede's signature.

The Gunners are more likely to face fierce competition from Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, plus the highest groups in Spain and Italy, should they step up their pursuit for the former Brighton and Swansea man on the finish of the season.

Nevertheless, the report states that Sporting are decided to maintain hold of Gyokeres and will only permit a sale if his eye-watering €100million (£86m) launch clause is paid in full – which would characterize a club document switch deal.

It's claimed Sporting are even prepared to extend Gyokeres' wage and launch clause to provide themselves 'larger safety' ahead of a potential bidding struggle in the summertime switch window.

The Sweden forward has a £86m launch clause at Sporting (Image: Getty)

In April, Gyokeres' agents will head for Portugal, where they are expected to discuss the player's state of affairs with the Sporting. The Primeira Liga leaders might look to boost the ahead's launch clause to €120m (£103m) to place themselves within the strongest attainable position.

Champions League qualification might show key for Sporting in retaining maintain of Gyokeres, with only the Portuguese champions assured direct passage into Europe's elite competition this season.

Sporting presently sit prime of the Portuguese prime flight, one point higher off than second-placed Benfica, with a recreation in hand over the reigning champions.

Amorim was 'not fearful' about Chelsea's January supply for Gyokeres (Image: Getty)

Back in January, widespread reviews indicated that Chelsea had lodged a £73m bid for Gyokeres, which was rejected out of hand by the green and whites.

Quizzed on Chelsea's curiosity at the time, Gyokeres informed Sport TV: 'I don't assume anything about it.

'I'm right here and we've necessary games to play, I'm targeted on that.

'There's a variety of speak on social media and elsewhere, but I'm not targeted on that I don't think about anything. I'm here proper now. I'm 100 per cent targeted on this and the club.'

'Beautiful player' - Theo Walcott singles out Man Utd star after Liverpool win

Barcelona respond to Man Utd asking price for Mason Greenwood

Man Utd captain demands rule change after Liverpool win

Read More Stories

In the meantime, Sporting head coach Ruben Amorim insisted he was 'not apprehensive' as Chelsea's supply was 'not sufficient' to prise Gyokeres away from Lisbon.

'I don't know, I didn't even ask [director of football Hugo] Viana,' Amorim stated this week,' Amorim informed reporters.

'Clearly, I used to be knowledgeable of the information. As soon as they stated it was €85m, I assumed: "That's not enough". It's only €100m [£86m]. I'm not apprehensive.'

#arsenal #lead #premier #league #race #sporting #star #viktor #gyokeres #chelsea #fail #january #bid #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/CdyApLQ Source: MAG NEWS