Boxer to fight on Anthony Joshua undercard as planned despite tragic death of his mother before fight night | 18N5311 | 2024-03-08 16:08:01
Kevin Lerena will struggle as deliberate on the Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou undercard on Friday night time despite the tragic passing of his mother.
The South African fighter, who has additionally been serving to Tyson Fury practice for his battle towards Oleksandr Usyk later this yr, is part of the 'Knockout Chaos' card in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, taking over Justis Huni.
On Thursday morning, the 31-year-old shared the tragic news of his mom's demise, vowing to battle on in her memory.
'Immediately I misplaced strongest lady I've ever recognized,' he wrote on Twitter. 'My mom fought tirelessly as a single mother to boost us, and her power and willpower will ceaselessly inspire me.
'Even in her ultimate moments she fought until the very finish, she fought with all her may. Mother, I really like you, I will carry on your warrior spirit.
'Tomorrow night time, I WILL FIGHT in your honour since you have been a LION and you raised a LION.
'Your struggle lives on in me, and I'll all the time carry your power with me. Relaxation peacefully in God's kingdom'.
Lerena has gained 30 of his 32 professional fights, arising towards Daniel Dubois in December 2022.
The South African knocked Dubois down three times during three wild rounds at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before the Londoner came again to say a dramatic knockout victory.
Since then, he has secured victories over Ryad Merhy and Senad Gashi – the latter seeing him topped the WBC's interim bridgerweight champion within the new division established by the sanctioning physique.
Earlier this yr, he was invited to hitch Fury's training camp alongside the likes of Moses Itauma and Jai Opetaia in Saudi Arabia in preparation for The Gypsy King's historic undisputed title showdown with Usyk.
Like Usyk, Lerena is a southpaw fighter who additionally competed at cruiserweight earlier than shifting up.
That battle was postponed at the beginning of February when Fury suffered a critical minimize above his eye. Fury vs Usyk is now scheduled to happen on 18 Might.&
More >> https://ift.tt/LA38yta Source: MAG NEWS