Bruno Fernandes admits he needs to 'do better' after underwhelming campaign at Manchester United | 143W7CM | 2024-03-22 16:08:01
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes says he is aware of his performances must enhance for the membership.
The midfielder has been under his greatest this season since being handed the captain armband from Erik ten Hag.
Fernandes has scored eight objectives and offered eight assists throughout all competitions this season.
Whereas that tally is respectable, the playmaker is capable of far better numbers.
And Fernandes admits he's conscious that he should do far 'better' given his position at the club.
'At Manchester United it hasn't been a profitable season individually," Fernandes informed reporters.
'I am completely aware that I've the capacity to do extra and better, as all the time.
'But I'm not nervous about that in the meanwhile because what I all the time say is that my dedication and dedication is all the time at its maximum, regardless of whether I characterize Portugal or Manchester United.
'That's why I'm calm about it and figuring out that the standard of my performances can all the time enhance.'
Fernandes was moved to a centre-back place for Sunday's thrilling Four-Three FA Cup quarter-finals win towards Liverpool.
United scored twice in additional time to progress to the semi-finals, where they'll face Coventry.
'I do what's needed to win video games,' stated Fernandes.
'I don't mind. It wasn't in the plan. It was making an attempt to go man-marking on the pitch, however I felt at moments I might bounce on their midfielders and at moments, I might drop a bit of bit to help H (Maguire) because obviously, Liverpool have a whole lot of pace up front.
'Cody) Gakpo got here on and he was recent. H hasn't played for a long time, so I used to be there to assist him and the defenders to get a end result. I don't mind, however once I'm distant from the aim, I can't get my objectives and assists! However they will't score anyway because I used to be a centre-half in my early career, so I still acquired one thing from that.'
For extra tales like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/IVGhr5D Source: MAG NEWS