Erik ten Hag wanted by three major clubs if Manchester United sack under-fire manager | HUVRIVY | 2024-03-23 16:08:01
Erik ten Hag won't be in need of suitors if he is sacked by Manchester United at the finish of the season.
The Dutchman is likely to get until May as a way to show to Sir Jim Ratcliffe that he is the appropriate man to oversee a seismic rebuild of the club each on and off the pitch.
Ten Hag did his trigger no hurt last weekend by masterminding a memorable FA Cup quarter-final comeback towards Liverpool, regardless of being pressured to deal with a mounting damage disaster.
Despite that dramatic victory, which teed up a semi-final towards Coventry, Ten Hag's future remains lower than certain.
Reports this week have linked current England boss Gareth Southgate with the Old Trafford hot seat amid mounting speculation he'll search a recent problem following Euro 2024.
Despite the injury to his fame a failed spell within the Premier League may inflict, the Daily Star claims the 54-year-old still has many admirers in the Bundesliga.
Ten Hag labored at Bayern Munich earlier in his career and the German giants might turn to their former worker should they fail to land No.1 goal Xabi Alonso.
Bayer Leverkusen insists they continue to be assured the Spaniard will snub Bayern and another of his former golf equipment, Liverpool, but ought to he depart and a vacancy open up with the German champions-elect, Ten Hag would fit the bill, while sleeping giants Stuttgart are also stated to be keen on the ex-Ajax boss.
Southgate, in the meantime, this week acquired the backing of United legends Roy Keane and Gary Neville, who both saw the logic in Ratcliffe coveting the man who has taken the Three Lions to the latter levels of major tournaments over the course of his reign.
'I might see that taking place,' ex-United captain Keane stated on the& Stick to Football podcast.
'Properly, clearly everyone's considering he's in all probability going to be with England this summer time if he has a very good Euros, considering if they might win it. And in the event that they don't, then perhaps they're considering you've ran your race with him.
</div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> 'His connection with Dan Ashworth, who he has worked with previously. Yeah, I'm not that stunned with it.'
Neville, meanwhile, 'never saw' Southgate in the Previous Trafford hot-seat but has modified his mind following Ashworth's impending move to the club.
Ashworth spent a number of years on the FA earlier than landing roles at Brighton and Newcastle United and admires Southgate, having endorsed his appointment as England boss.
'I by no means saw Gareth Southgate as a Manchester United supervisor, psychologically, I by no means saw that,' Neville stated. 'I can see it now, now Dan Ashworth has are available.
'I just assume, what does Erik ten Hag have to do to stay as Manchester United manager? So, as an example, is the FA Cup sufficient, or does he have to get prime 4, or prime five, Champions League?"
'I feel if Gareth is leaving, I feel to be trustworthy with you, you'll have seen this in tournaments, nevertheless it's never been straightforward.
'England could have qualifiers starting up once more a few months after the event, in order that they'll should have a brand new supervisor in. And Gareth will need to type his future out, to get a membership for probably the beginning of subsequent season.
'So, I feel if it's finished maturely, I can see how it will be brought ahead when it comes to Gareth.
'Overlook Manchester United, England would wish to nominate a new manager. So, they're going to should appoint a new supervisor pre-tournament, in all probability.
'And say Gareth is going to be leaving after the event, until he's just going to go away on the last day and do it quietly, I don't know.'
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/JW5TjCF Source: MAG NEWS