Fired ‘Jeopardy!’ EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01 - GRIF MAG

ShowBiz & Sports News

Hot

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Fired ‘Jeopardy!’ EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01

New Photo - Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01
Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01

Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host
Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host
Mike Richards, Aaron Rodgers. Getty Photographs (2)

Former Jeopardy! government producer Mike Richards says Aaron Rodgers was probably the most prepared guest host that the show tried out because it seemed to exchange Alex Trebek.

Richards, 48, told People that the show meant to audition visitor hosts only till Trebek might return from his battle with pancreatic cancer.

"We had talked about individuals coming in and guest hosting if Alex received too sick," Richards defined in an interview revealed on Wednesday, March 20. "But we all the time knew Alex would come back until the day he decided he couldn't."

Whereas the present cycled via visitor hosts including Katie Couric, Joe Buck, Anderson Cooper, Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings, Rodgers stood out in a method Richards didn't anticipate.

The Biggest 'Jeopardy!' Winners Ever: Amy Schneider, Ken Jennings and More

"Aaron Rodgers was undoubtedly probably the most prepared," he stated of the Jets quarterback, 40. "I used to be blown away by that, the depth during which he prepped, and he was so pretty to everybody on employees. But finally I frightened about his other job that he does on a reasonably high degree. I used to be like, 'How are you going to work this out with soccer scheduling?' He stated, 'You'll determine it out!'"

Rodgers' personal account of his visitor stint in 2021 makes it clear why Richards was so impressed.

"I watched hours and hours and hours of episodes," Rodgers told ESPN in April 2021. "Luckily Netflix has a couple of seasons, and I went back to DVR. But I needed to watch from a special perspective — from Alex's perspective. I couldn't watch it as a fan anymore."

"I took pages and pages and pages of notes," he continued. "I wrote down every affirmative that he stated to any sort of clue. I wrote down how he would reply if they didn't get it proper. I wrote down beat factors of the show. I wrote down all of the alternative ways he would take it to break. I wrote down the stuff that he stated coming out of break. Actually, I studied for this like no different. I needed to completely just crush it."

Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host
Fired 'Jeopardy!' EP Claims Aaron Rodgers Was Most Prepared Guest Host
Aaron Rodgers. Jeopardy!/YouTube

Richards was complimentary of the other visitor hosts as properly, saying Buck "took to it the quickest" and Robin Roberts was one of the nicest individuals he'd ever met. He even questioned whether not selecting Couric was a "missed alternative to reboot the present."

The previous EP was, himself, a guest host and was ultimately chosen as the full-time alternative for Trebek, who died in November 2020. His tenure was short-lived, nevertheless, as Richards immediately faced a flurry of controversy.

Whoops! 'Jeopardy' Shows Final Scores During Episode Intro

"Everybody was so indignant because it appeared like I had gone into a room and picked myself," he recalled. "And that's not what happens in tv, however I understood that that's what the outward appearances have been."

Simply 9 days after the announcement, Richards stepped down as host after a previous lawsuit throughout his time with The Worth is Right and former derogatory comments he had made on his podcast resurfaced. He only served as host for in the future.

Three years later, Jennings is now the everlasting host of Jeopardy!, which is at present airing its 40th season.

#fired #jeopardy #ep #claims #aaron #rodgers #most #prepared #guest #host #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/JW5TjCF Source: MAG NEWS