Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01 - GRIF MAG

ShowBiz & Sports News

Hot

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01

New Photo - Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network | 424N5UP | 2024-03-23 13:08:01

Jennette McCurdy shocked her fans when she revealed that she wasn't thrilled about her time on iCarly

Through the years, former Nickelodeon stars have opened up about their journey as baby actors at the network — and never everyone had the identical experience.

Jennette McCurdy shocked her fans when she revealed that she wasn't thrilled about her time on iCarly.

"I did the exhibits that I was on from like 13 to 21, and by 15, I was already embarrassed. My buddies at 15 weren't like, 'Oh, cool, you're on this Nickelodeon show.' It was embarrassing," the actress, who performed Sam Puckett, admitted throughout an episode of her "Empty Inside" podcast in March 2021. "I imagine there's a very totally different experience to be had with appearing in case you're pleased with your roles."

McCurdy later elaborated on her expertise throughout an August 2022 interview with The New York Occasions while selling her memoir, I'm Glad My Mom Died.

"My entire childhood and adolescence have been very exploited," she stated. "It still provides my nervous system a response to say it. There have been instances the place individuals had the perfect intentions and perhaps didn't know what they have been doing. And in addition instances the place they did — they knew exactly what they have been doing."

Scroll down for more former Nickelodeon stars' candid comments concerning the community:


Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Nathan Kress
The actor, who rose to stardom enjoying Freddie Benson on iCarly, previously opened up concerning the expectations that came together with his position. "Even from an early age, I felt a specific amount of duty. A whole lot of that is because of the fact that I was getting letters from individuals saying, 'Hey, man, I actually look up to you. I recognize the alternatives that you simply're making and the issues that you simply're doing, but in addition the things that you simply're not doing,'" Kress informed Euphoria in June 2022. "I used to be getting that suggestions very early on from a whole lot of totally different sources and that sort of made me need to hold it going. So, I assume I slipped into dad mode kind of inherently." & Chelsea Lauren/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Jennette McCurdy
After enjoying Sam Puckett on two Nickelodeon exhibits, McCurdy revealed she "actually resented" her life as a toddler actress.& "It is a troublesome thing to say as a result of the exhibits that I used to be on have been so beloved by so many individuals and so many youngsters. I hear always that, 'You made my childhood,' and I feel it is nice that that they had that have but that simply was not my experience," she defined on her "Empty Inside" podcast in 2021. "It simply was hellish, I feel, just isn't too intense of a phrase. No one actually knew me. I used to be very totally different from the character I used to be enjoying. I am generally known as a thing that I'm not." McCurdy went into more element about her time with the network in her 2022 memoir, I'm Glad My Mom Died. In the tell-all, she claimed she was as soon as provided $300,000 in change for not publicly discussing her expertise at Nickelodeon.& & McCurdy also seemingly mentioned iCarly creator Dan Schneider within the guide beneath the moniker "The Creator." She alleged that "The Creator" was hit with "accusations of his emotional abuse," which didn't shock her.& & Broadimage/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Daniella Monet
In August 2022, the Victorious alum recalled feeling "sexualized" throughout her time on the present. "Do I want sure things, like, didn't should be so sexualized? Yeah, 100 %," she informed Insider, noting that her onscreen apparel concerned her. Nickelodeon's former president Russell Hicks addressed the considerations in a press release, saying, "Every single thing that Dan ever did on any of his exhibits was rigorously scrutinized and accepted." Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Alexa Nikolas
Since her position as Nicole Bristow in Zoey 101, Nikolas has been outspoken about her "traumatizing" Nickelodeon expertise. "I did not really feel protected at Nickelodeon as a toddler personally," she stated in an August 2022 Instagram video from a protest outdoors the network. "And so, I'm demanding that Nickelodeon starts protecting youngsters and not predators." Elsewhere in the video, Nikolas referred to as Schneider, who created Zoey 101, a "creator of childhood trauma" whom she "did not really feel protected round" as a kid.& "Every time he came on set, my body acquired extraordinarily tense," she stated.& Nikolas informed more of her story in the 2024 docuseries Quiet on Set: The Dark Aspect of Youngsters TV, which targeted heavily on Schneider's tenure at Nickelodeon. "I wasn't completely happy. I truly couldn't show up to set anymore without crying," she stated. "Loads of my self-worth was deeply damaged from that set experience. Me as an individual was altered for life." Picture Good/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Ariana Grande
"It was a blessing and considered one of my childhood goals come true," the singer, who turned a family identify after enjoying Cat Valentine in Victorious and Sam & Cat, advised Individuals in 2014. "For a long time, I was hooked up to a character that was nothing like myself. It was slightly irritating." & David Fisher/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Jamie Lynn Spears
After bringing the lead position in Zoey 101 to life, Spears later gushed about her time at Nickelodeon. "So thankful for this present and everybody who beloved and supported it," she wrote by way of Instagram in 2021. "I grew up on this present, so it was pretty much my childhood also. Love y'all." & Debby Wong/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Melissa Joan Hart
In 2014, Hart reflected on the impression that her position in Clarissa Explains It All had on her life. "Clarissa taught me quite a bit — if she might stand as much as a bully or date the bully, break boundaries and get up for what she believed in and be sensible, sassy, and likable, then I might be those issues too," the New York native advised Variety in 2016. "I used to be feeling numerous peer strain and feeling like I didn't fit in — you already know, all these kid issues — but working with adults I discovered that the adults don't care when you wear what's fashionable, they only care for those who're nice to them and you're enjoyable to talk to. So I sort of developed my social expertise." & MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Ashley Argota
Following her time on Nickelodeon's True Jackson, VP, Argota moved on to Disney and by no means seemed back. In 2014, the California native seemingly threw shade at the network when a fan asked why they did not hear her singing voice prior to Disney. "The opposite community by no means gave me the chance," Argota tweeted at the time. & MediaPunch/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Nat Wolff
In accordance with Wolff, enjoying a fictionalized model of himself on The Naked Brothers Band came with its ups and downs. "I feel as a Nickelodeon actor, I type of acquired extra respect as a musician," he advised Vainness Truthful in 2014. "The Nickelodeon present was a tremendous learning place, because it was all my greatest buddies in actual life and it was loads of improv. [The Naked Brothers Band] is actually a reasonably good show." The Paper Cities star added: "A lot of the Nickelodeon exhibits are fairly dangerous, but that show is sweet! Cool individuals randomly come up to me, who I never thought would watch the show, to say that they watch it. Like Judd Apatow got here up to me and advised me how much he beloved the present. It's cooler than most youngsters' exhibits." Rob Latour/AFI/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Devon Werkheiser
While reflecting on his main position in Ned's Declassified Faculty Survival Information, Werkheiser admitted he wasn't thrilled with how Nickelodeon marketed the show.& "I assumed they might have promoted our present extra in comparison with the opposite exhibits that obtained more attention," he wrote by way of Reddit in 2015. "I also would have favored to have been used more by them, for the award exhibits and stuff like that." Werkheiser later spoke up about not reaping the advantages of his show's reputation. "Picketing immediately at Paramount. Paramount's mum or dad firm is Viacom, the identical mother or father company of Nickelodeon, where for 20 years Ned's has been bought everywhere in the world, and I've by no means seen one residual or royalty from it on account of dangerous deal on the time," he stated in a July 2023 TikTok video amid the SAG-AFTRA strike.& Ron Adar/SOPA Photographs/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Kenan Thompson
"I gotta give Nickelodeon their credit because it educated me for exactly what's occurring in my life proper now. I went from a sketch present to a sitcom," Thompson, who obtained his start on All That and Kenan & Kel, shared throughout an interview with Atlanta Magazine in 2021. Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Drake Bell
In Quiet on Set, the Drake & Josh star opened up for the first time about being sexually assaulted by actor and Nickelodeon dialogue coach Brian Peck (who has no relation to Bell's former costar Josh Peck) when he was an adolescent. Through the third a part of the docuseries, Bell identified himself as the youngster who reported Brian to the authorities in the early 2000s. Brian pleaded no contest to performing a lewd act with a victim round 14 or 15 years previous and to oral copulation with a toddler beneath 16 years previous, which resulted in a 16-month prison sentence. "I actually don't know how you can elaborate on that on digital camera. … Why don't you think of the worst stuff someone can do to anyone as a sexual assault and that may reply your question," Bell stated in the course of the docuseries while describing the "in depth" and "brutal" abuse. "I don't understand how else to place it. It was not a one-time factor." PRPP/Plux/Shutterstock
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Former Nickelodeon Stars' Candid Quotes About Working at the Network
Josh Peck
Josh, who starred alongside Bell on both The Amanda Show and Drake & Josh, showed his help for Bell in March 2024 after watching Quiet on Set. "I finished the Quiet On Set documentary and took a couple of days to process it," he wrote by way of Instagram. "I reached out to Drake privately, but needed to provide my help for the survivors who have been courageous enough to share their stories of emotional and bodily abuse on Nickelodeon sets with the world." Josh continued: "Youngsters must be protected. Reliving this publicly is incredibly troublesome, however I hope it may deliver healing for the victims and their families as well as vital change to our business." Unique Nicole/FilmMagic
#former #nickelodeon #stars #candid #quotes #working #network #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #ShowBiz

More >> https://ift.tt/JW5TjCF Source: MAG NEWS