‘I needed an ambulance’ cries lottery winner after scoring $225k jackpot – but he immediately lost $63k once he claimed | 6326T90 | 2024-05-01 17:08:01

New Photo - 'I needed an ambulance' cries lottery winner after scoring $225k jackpot – but he immediately lost $63k once he claimed | 6326T90 | 2024-05-01 17:08:01
'I needed an ambulance' cries lottery winner after scoring $225k jackpot – but he immediately lost $63k once he claimed | 6326T90 | 2024-05-01 17:08:01

A TRUCK driver has shared his delight and shock after winning $225,000 on the lottery.

The Mississippi man said he looked like he needed an ambulance upon finding out he had won.

'I needed an ambulance' cries lottery winner after scoring $225k jackpot – but he immediately lost $63k once he claimed
'I needed an ambulance' cries lottery winner after scoring $225k jackpot – but he immediately lost $63k once he claimed
KY Lottery
Tommy Hinton won $225,000 on a scratch-off[/caption]

A routine pit stop proved to be a very fateful moment for Tommy Hinton of Mississippi when he bought a ticket for the Kentucky Lottery's 100X Scratch Off.

While taking his regular break at Pilot Travel Center in Madisonville, he bought three tickets.

The trucker decided to scratch them off right there and then in the store.

"One of the winning numbers was three and I saw I had the number three. I scratched it and I saw the amount," Hinton told Kentucky Lottery.

"I was speechless. I kept thinking, 'Oh no. No way. No way.'"

He then scanned the scratch-off on the ticket checker to confirm he had really won $225,000.

"I had this look on my face like, 'oh man,'" Hinton told lottery officials.

"The clerk asked me if I was okay and if I needed an ambulance.

"I said, 'No' and then showed her the amount on the machine. Her eyes popped out and were big as saucers."

However Hinton didn't get to take home the full jackpot.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

After taxes, the prize was reduced to $162,000.

 With his winnings, the driver plans to pay off bills, complete some home renovations, and give to his church.

"I plan to act like I don't have it," he said. "I'm blessed."

Meanwhile, Pilot Travel Center will receive $2,250 for selling the ticket.

OTHER LUCKY WINNERS

Hinton is not the only one to be amazed by an unexpected lotto win lately.

                        <p class="article__content--intro">                  Millions dream of winning the lottery and finding fame and fortune. These are the biggest winners in US lottery history.                </p>          </div>  </div>  

In Florida, Scottie Grant has claimed his second $1,000,000 scratch-off win in just six months.

"I'm back!" Grant said as he claimed his latest prize at the Florida Lottery headquarters.

He won both seven-figure sums on the 500X THE CASH game, which costs $50 per ticket.

On both wins, Grant got to keep $820,000 after paying federal taxes.

Remember, playing the lottery is a form of gambling and should be done responsibly.

If you or someone you know has signs of gambling addiction, call the National Gambling Hotline at 1-800-522-4700 or visit the National Council on Problem Gambling website.

#needed #ambulance #cries #lottery #winner #scoring #225k #jackpot #immediately #lost #63k #once #claimed #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/vJ95Uqm Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.